Why join the GreenHospitality.ie Programme?
GreenHospitality.ie Programme is designed by Hospitality Managers and Environmental Experts to provide a methodology for hospitality businesses to implement best practice environmental management. Potential members should ask themselves 2 key questions:
â€“ Do we want to achieve a recognised Environmental Award to enable the business to promote to and secure â€śGreenâ€ť Business ?
â€“ Do we want to operate a programme that will ensure the property manages and reduces its utility costs with best practice advice & guidance ?
If you answer yes to either of these questions you should be engaging with us to support your efforts and identify the steps you need to implement within your business
If you are still unsure â€“ have a read of this – Responsible Tourism â€“ Whats in it for me
How do I Engage with GreenHospitality.ie?
Just complete an enquiry form telling us what services/support you are interested in and we will contact you directly.Â Click on the link below.
Benefits to members include:
- Ability to identify opportunities to reduce consumption/cost of Waste, Water and Energy â€“ up to 40% +
- Training in Best Practice in Hospitality Environmental Management â€“ available at discounted rates for GHP.ie members
- On Site visit and Environmental Review and Report identifying immediate actions business can take to manage costs and consumption available at an extra charge
- Benchmarking of Waste, Water & Energy against National & International Standards
- Best Practice Guide, tools and templates designed to assist the business in achieving targets set and understanding the issues involved
- Updates and advice on Legislative changes
- On site Audit/Verification and receipt of Certificate when award standards are achieved
- Ability to promote your business as a â€śGreenerâ€ť operation to customers
- Supports your businesses in-house Corporate Social Responsibility requirements
- Improves staff morale through engagement and demonstration of your businesses CSR actions
- Included as a member within the GHP.ie website and consumer website www.greentravel.ie (T&C)
Cost Savings achieved by GreenHospitality.ie members
The reduction in costs experienced by some of our members has been between â‚¬5,000 and â‚¬100,000 in the first year, after implementation of the programme and with direct support.
The really surprising factor is that most of these savings come from low or no cost systems and practices being put in place in each property.
Overall savings by GreenHospitality.ie members were over c. â‚¬8 million in 2019 alone and run to c. â‚¬50+ million to date. The programme has proved that hotels can save the equivalent of â‚¬1,000 per available room per year in their initial years implementation.